To put vitamin and mineral supplements on the public health agenda
We developed a campaign addressing healthy ageing, targeted at the over 50s.
We engaged nutritional experts and a GP to create a dietetic evidence-based report detailing the extent of nutritional deficits in the UK and reaffirming the role of vitamins and supplements. This was launched at a media event.
Along with this report, the media were provided with a stream of information via briefings and interviews. Online experts blogged about the issues and the benefits of healthy ageing and supplements.
As part of a stakeholder engagement programme, we hosted a ‘healthy ageing’ roundtable with key representatives from public health bodies and members of the public health community.
- Experts secured to author dietetic report
- Analysis of Government nutritional data to provide evidence for the report
- Report rolled-out at media launch presented by experts
- Tailored media communication toolkits
- Healthy ageing expert vlogs published online
- Stakeholder roundtable
- 93 pieces of coverage achieved within the first four month campaign period
- Reach of over 171 million across consumer and healthcare professional titles
- Media report launch attended by 50+ health and lifestyle journalists
- For every £1 spent, 4,000 people reached
- Stakeholder roundtable attended by 20 influential pubic health representatives