Driving interest in seasonal products to generate sales at a key time of year
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without chocolate, and from 2012 to 2014 Nexus managed the festive communications for much-loved British chocolate maker Thorntons.
From a sparkling white winter wonderland featuring characters from The Snowman & The Snowdog, to a magical grotto at The House of St Barnabus in Soho, complete with elves – Nexus excited the media about the most wonderful time of the year, albeit starting early with a July press event. The PR campaigns launched in summer to maximise coverage opportunities by hitting long lead publication deadlines.
At the events, insight was given into the range and the NPD. Influencers were inspired by chocolate tastings held in German market stalls, had photo opportunities with a gigantic white solid chocolate Snowdog, as well as a real life dog, The Snowman and Santa. They even got the opportunity to ice their own chocolate gift tags and experience a real snow shower, keeping their chocolate chilled in the July heat. Media had the opportunity to learn about the stories behind the products, see and, more importantly, eat them.
Each year between 60 and 100 influencers attended the Christmas events, which led to extensive social media coverage as well as helping to generate articles in traditional media and on high profile blogs.
Influencer liaison continued throughout July, up until Christmas Eve, helping to ensure that at a key trading time of year, awareness of the brand remained high, helping to generate sales within a competitive marketplace.
- Christmas media events planned and managed for three consecutive years
- Media relations pre and post event which continued for 8 months for each campaign
- Product sample requests managed and fulfilled to maximise all opportunities
- Coverage generated on national TV, national newspapers, monthly and weekly magazines, onlines, blogs and trade media
- Social media buzz generated around the launch events